Gist: Guy tries to make it playing football but have a lot of distraction
Drama Subgenre: Comedy
Setting: 2013 North side
Theme: Stuck in the hood
Mood: Upset
Protagonist: Keyondre Thompson
Antagonist: Greg
Other Characters: Chris, James, Rob and Dom
When I was young me and my boys Chris, James, Rob and Dom had dreams that we would make it big one day. But as we got older things changed. Chris is not locked up, James is on drugs, Rob selling drugs and Dom not getting the grades.
Setting Split stage jail and Keyondre house
*Chris Calling From Jail*
Me: Ayeee what's good boy?
Chris: You know same stuff just a different day. I'm just trying to stay humble and get out this damn prison so I can be with my family.
Me: I know you is. And by the way, how long you got?
Chris: 6 months on good behavior.
Me: Damn, you'll be out pretty soon boy.
Chris: Yeah i know. But I heard you was out there doing you're thing out there on that field.
Me: Yeah you know me I got to do it for the fam.
Chris: What colleges looking at you?
Me: Man which colleges not looking at me. I got Ohio State, Michigan, Oregon, Cal, Minnesota, Florida and Iowa all checking me out and that's not even half of the colleges
Chris: Oh Word? That's what's up boy. Which one you thinking about going to? I remember when we was young we said we would make it. We'll I guess it's to late for me now so I guess you gotta make it for me Dre.
Me: Yeah I got you Chris. And I really like Florida. When you get out maybe you can come to one of my games and see how yo boy get down ahahaha.
Chis: Yeah for sure. You know im'a have to show up to see you play. But I got to go boy and tell yo family I said what's up and I love and miss them.
Me: Okay, keep yo head up Chris and stay humble.
Setting Keyondre walks to store
James: What good Keyondre?
Me: Oh what's up James?
James: You got Five dollars?
Me: Man what you need Five dollars for? You better not be buying no drugs with this money
James: Come on man I just need to get me something to eat. I haven't ate all day.
Me: Man James I swear if you buy drugs with my money I ain't giving you nothing else.
James: Now Dre you know you know me better then that.
Me: Here take this five dollars man.
James: Thanks Dre!
Setting Next Day Walking To The Field
Rob: My main man Dre What's up Cuz?
Me: Nothing about to head to the field and get this little work out.
Rob: Oh I see you out here grinding.
Me: Yeah you know me man, it's a must do thing.
Rob: Man why yo boy James always trying to get over on me?
Me: What you mean Get over?
Rob: He came to me yesterday and asked me if i can give him a dime bag for five dollars. Man when he asked my that I almost smacked his ass.
Me: Man I knew that fool was up to no good when he asked me for that five dollars. And did you sell something to Him?
Rob: Hell Yeah I need every dollar I can get.
Me: Man I don't know why you still sell drugs to him knowing he trying to quit.
Rob: I got bills to pay and a family to feed.
Me: Yeah I understand and I gotta go.
Rob: Iight Dre talk to you later boy.
Setting 1st Hour Of School
Me: What's good Dom?
Dom: Nothing.
Me: What's wrong bro?
Dom: Man School is what's wrong
Me: No man school is what's right. but I know sometimes it can be stressful
Dom: Sometimes? man all the time. School haven't been the same since my brother gone.
Me: Don if you need help just ask me and ii'll try to help you the best I can. And also Ms.Johnson always after school helping students.
Dom: MAN I DON'T NEED NOBODY HELP!!
Me: See man bro that's yo problem. You think you know everything.
Dom: I didn't say I knew everything bro.
Me: As a matter of fact what your grades looking like?
Dom: Not so good but....
Me: But what Dom? Man get your grades together so you can go on to college.
Dom: College? What I need to go to college for? To be like you Dre? No i'm good my mom or dad didn't go to college and they turned out pretty well.
Me: That's not the point. You have all this talent and I don't want it to go to waste.
Dom: I know bro but it's like school and outside of school just been to hard ans stressful.
Me: I know bro I was going threw the same situation but you just gotta fight threw it and everything will be good..
Dom: Thanks Dre I really needed to hear that from you.
Me: You welcome now get your work done so we can go to the field.
Setting Friday Night Highschool Game
Cheerleaders: Give me a D Give me a R Give me a E
Coach: Now Dre I need you to go out there and play your heart out tonight
Me: Okay coach I got you and the team
Teammates: Okay we gotta go out here and show everyone what we are made of and we gotta play our hearts out and have no regrets and let's bring this trophy homeeeee!!!!!!
We lost the game by three points but everyone played there heats out. Chris got out of jail and changed his life and started taking care of his family. James went to rehab and now he been drug free every since. Rob is not in Prison for possession of marijuana. Dom got his grades right and graduated high school and now he's going to college and is studying law. And me I attend college at the University of California and I am having a great season here and i'm really glad I MADE IT OUT THE HOOD!
No comments:
Post a Comment